Go to footer

Where/Want to buy Volks 1/6 male bodies? I'm so confused.

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Where/Want to buy Volks 1/6 male bodies? I'm so confused

Postby MeltedCaramel » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Email them, ask them if they have enough bodies in stock when you're about ready to order, to check if they have enough for you. Hopefully they get the hint that people still want their 1/6ers and produce a few more to hold the fort.

Can't let Obitsu have all the fun can they? What with Parabox coming out with a few moredownsized heads of their 1/3 (Come on Parabox! Downsize a Megu or a Laura~~~)

<----Oh, I never thought of emailing them! I got two tan bodies from them but they were out of normal bodies by the time I go around to ordering (literally sold out within under 24 hours, why don't they think these things are still viable business opportunities? :roll: )

Parabox downsizing a bunch of their heads is really neat, and on this community I saw a neat tip about painting white beads for eyes for the eyehole heads (what a cool idea! T^T) to give them a look similar to Medicom's eyes and to fit in better with dolls without eyehole heads. I'm nabbing a Peti Hime head for sure. I cute little cat boy is in the works, and that's the perfect face.

Indigo wrote:Hi,
I don't know if you are a member of The Doll Page, but there is a girl there who has several Volks 1:6 dolls for sale. They are brand new and she is pretty fair with her prices.

http://www.thedollpage.com/ads/searchre ... ?owner=175

Have a nice day! :-)

<---Again, this is why I love this board! THANK YOU! T^T Emailed her! :D

WhiteDove01s wrote:*peeks over, scribbles down names/brands of more 1/6 figures to eventually hopefully add to collection*

I don't know where the original poster is, but I'm in the US. Has anyone else here in the US ordered directly from the Volks site and willing to give a hint as to what could be expected in terms of shipping and other related fees? Might be quite a while before I can snag some more Volks figs (I have one secondhand little one), but it would be nice to have a ballpark figure as to what I should save up first...

<---I'm in the USA too, and I just ordered from there. The shipping is mandatory EMS and it cost me 1500yen ($12 right now) for two Neo Goh bodies. :) And EMS shipping from Japan takes around 5-10 days depending upon where you are in the USA! I hope this helps. The bodies are kind of expensive if you're used to ordering from a place like Parabox, but they're definitely worth it. Honestly they're the only male bodies I ever consider for characters who show skin.

DollyKim wrote:You can order from Volks USA if they have the dolls in stock, no stock no dolls. And if they don't make them any more then they don't.

The only one I wouldn't recommend is the Medicom RAH, that is tape holding his arms on. That BBI is a pre 3.5 model and the GI Joe is a Gung Fu grip. Those are just the shorter/smaller guys, they get taller and beefier.

<----I haven't checked the USA website but they seem to jack up shipping for me where the international site doesn't. I'm not sure why, but I don't need to be paying almost $30 shipping for 1/6 doll supplies. Well, for people like me who really enjoy the particular "pretty boy" quality of the Neo Goh body it's pertinent to stock up! :) I guess you could say I know my type? :lol:

Medicom RAH bodies blow chunks, forgive the visual but it's true. I'll be getting the RAH Sebastian Michaelis later this year so I'm really hoping they've at least improved the damn plastic if not their terrible design (I can't stand their jointing system). :|

Indigo wrote:Volks USA doesn't have anymore 1:6 dolls, in fact I believe that they closed their doors earlier this year.

The seller that I mentioned in my earlier post does have several Volks 1:6 dolls. I just got a Neo-Goh from her about a week ago. She is in New York and ships pretty fast.

Yeah I could have sworn that was the case. I'll check it out after I close out of this window.

Emailing her to see what she can do for me! Her prices are quite reasonable. :)
"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams
MeltedCaramel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:43 pm

MeltedCaramel wrote:<---I'm in the USA too, and I just ordered from there. The shipping is mandatory EMS and it cost me 1500yen ($12 right now) for two Neo Goh bodies. :) And EMS shipping from Japan takes around 5-10 days depending upon where you are in the USA! I hope this helps. The bodies are kind of expensive if you're used to ordering from a place like Parabox, but they're definitely worth it. Honestly they're the only male bodies I ever consider for characters who show skin.

Oh, yay! That actually sounds like I can actually afford it. :) ... maybe do-able around my birthday (in May) or by this summer. (Funds are always tight here and I have a long wishlist.) I don't have any of the Volks guys yet, which is a big point for me to add them to my collection while I can. I've developed this... thing... recently where I'm wanting to collect examples of as many 1/6 figs as I can (preferably decently poseable ones).

My current character shelf has a Phicen Seamless, an older BBI, a regular male obitsu, a slim male obitsu, both male and female LIV bodies, a 27cm soft bust obitsu girl (that I'm trying to find out where the heck I misplaced the neck pegs to XD), a CyGirl, and one 12" female figure originally made for the Dr Who series.

In addition, my 'sewing models' contain modern era barbie and ken, plus twist-waist era Barbie, Ken, Skipper, Kevin (was that the Skipper sized boy's name?), Stacie (I think that was the littler barbie girl a size above the babies?), a Kelly and a dark-haired boy the same size, and a headless Hasbro Indiana Jones who will probably never be used for a chara because of the whip action thingy...

And the 'unclaimed' figures (meaning they're for characters eventually, just not yet assigned), not counting doubles of bodies already mentioned, include a 21cm obitsu male and currently my only Volks - a 21cm girl with unusually large breasts for her size. XD

Clearly, Volks is underrepresented, so I'm very very pleased to hear they won't be out of reach. XD
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Yeah, I don't understand why they discontinued their 1/6 line either. I assume it makes sense somehow, it's just hard to see it from a consumer's standpoint. I'm currently in a similar situation: crossing my fingers that Volks international webstore will have restocked the Minis at the exact point in time I happen to have some money left... It's like playing chicken. Obitsus are fine, but they're just so pink and I have several heads that need a more neutral shade.

Ebay seems to be mostly clones, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151404792978
And of course I only figured that out after ordering. Should have known better, but at least it was cheap (not the one in the link!) and might still work for my purposes, but re: color matching I guess all bets are off. :/
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:35 am

@WhiteDove01s I hope you have the room, I was in that mind set when I was running my website and it was part of the reason I finally quit. Get what you need.

The way I tried to control it a bit was when I made a new character then I could start searching for a body I didn't have, it worked for 2 1/2 McGann Brothers, or I went after a unique body like the fat one for Watson or the pasty one for Jimmy Page. I have a pile of Power Team Elite saluting the I didn't have that face mold thing. The only ones I have room to display are the three I customized.

My Volks guys sit around a lot because they tend to flop and not stand up for themselves long. I've been trying to figure out how to get Little Walken's head off a Goh, it was glued on or something, without damaging either because I want him on a DML or something that can stand better.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:25 pm

DollyKim wrote:@WhiteDove01s I hope you have the room, I was in that mind set when I was running my website and it was part of the reason I finally quit. Get what you need.

The way I tried to control it a bit was when I made a new character then I could start searching for a body I didn't have, it worked for 2 1/2 McGann Brothers, or I went after a unique body like the fat one for Watson or the pasty one for Jimmy Page. I have a pile of Power Team Elite saluting the I didn't have that face mold thing. The only ones I have room to display are the three I customized.

My Volks guys sit around a lot because they tend to flop and not stand up for themselves long. I've been trying to figure out how to get Little Walken's head off a Goh, it was glued on or something, without damaging either because I want him on a DML or something that can stand better.

Well, it helps that I have some limits on it. I'm sticking to 1/6 scale vinyl. I'm not that interested in anything resin or strung. I'll pass on anything that's normally over $100 a doll, too. (The most expensive doll on my wish list and current Grail Doll is a Pregnant Midge Barbie-with tummy and baby). And once I have one of something, I'm not that interested in every version. If I got one monster high female, I wouldn't need or want the whole line. (tho I've heard there might be more than one body sculpt. And Liv is an exception. I loved those so much I ended up with THREE, four counting a male, only one of which remains unOOAKed.)

As for space... eh, I just have my room, and there are dolls literally EVERYWHERE (counting the Cabbage Patch and the plushies)... but I can still squeeze in a few more. XD Plus, in about 3+ years or however long it takes to do, the Evil Overlord has plans to move me outside into a concrete bunker, and then I'll have room for all my projects. I'm used to making the most of minimal space. :)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale