Go to footer

Where/Want to buy Volks 1/6 male bodies? I'm so confused.

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Where/Want to buy Volks 1/6 male bodies? I'm so confused.

Postby MeltedCaramel » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 am

Hey everybody! It's been an age. Health problems have kept me away and money has been tight so buying any of my normal 1/6 dollies hasn't been an option as of late (hoping to hop back on the Medicom wagon come 2015 though, some beautiful dolls are coming out!, in addition to me having an open order with the lovely Setsuna and her her sister! <3).

I realize this question might not have an easy answer, but, since this forum has no Want To Buy option, where do you all suggest looking for Volks male bodies? In specific the Neo Goh Guy ones like Yamato and Takeru from their WTG series? I see them pop up on Ebay once in a blue moon but they're always absolutely ridiculous in price. Right now there's two up there, both are definitely imperfect and the joints on the one are starting to discolour badly, and they're up for $84 each. :( I just don't feel like this is accurate, especially when there are mint female dolls in box right above them for $34 with free shipping. I'm well aware the relative rarity of them might bump them up and extra $10 or so, but anything above that starts to make me wary.

I'm also interested in the EB Beauty males too, to a lesser extent. I've never really seen these ones for sale, except for the odd body that comes with a head that's been customized. Just...I need male dolls that aren't Obitsu for some things!

If anyone one here is thinking of (or would be willing to) letting one or two go, *RAISES HAND*.

If not though...is there a place to ask this? I've thought about One Sixth Warriors but...the collectors of Japanese made dolls seems pretty small there. Obviously DoA is a no-go...I'm just rather stuck. I know people own these. And I know they sell them! But where!? Are they truly that rare now, when these things were mass produced? I've even searched Japanese auction sites but don't seem to have much luck (though they definitely seem to have a higher selection in general)...

Am I looking for that magical unicorn? I've got one guy, but he's lined up for a character doll already, I'd love to have at least two or three that aren't ready for the ol' custom mill immediately. :?
"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams
MeltedCaramel
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Where/Want to buy Volks 1/6 male bodies? I'm so confused

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:35 am

If you are only looking for the bodies. Try Volks international.

There aren't much choices left since every thing seems to be going Dollfie Dream or Super Dollfie with them. I would like to replace my Yamato's body eventually as well.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:38 am

This is the place to ask. I have lots of 1/6 guys and lots of pictures. There are guys about the same size as the Goh. The DML slim is just bigger and the Obistu Slim is just smaller.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby MeltedCaramel » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:03 am

Oh, you both, you're so precious thank you!! :cry:

Iwa_Hoshi: I had given up hope that they would EVER restock, and they even have the light bodies! I need to snag some! Please just stay there for a little bit my babies...Of course they're making it so you can only order 1 at a time unless you want tan, and they don't have any male tan heads in stock, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth (too much!), and I've got a few tan heads lying around thankfully. I need to go count my stock and then really look into doing a bulk order while I still can and while the yen is good against the dollar.

DollyKim: This is really helpful, thank you. I'm partial to the Neo Goh boys because they have that extra slim "bishounen" look that I enjoy because I'm doing mostly anime characters, but I know I'll have to either make due with Obitsu only eventually or find another alternative like Dragon. Thank you so much! :D

Man I love this site and all the wonderful people in it! :D It makes me want to start my customizing again with gusto!
"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams
MeltedCaramel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:28 pm

MeltedCaramel wrote:Iwa_Hoshi: I had given up hope that they would EVER restock, and they even have the light bodies! I need to snag some! Please just stay there for a little bit my babies...

Email them, ask them if they have enough bodies in stock when you're about ready to order, to check if they have enough for you. Hopefully they get the hint that people still want their 1/6ers and produce a few more to hold the fort.
Can't let Obitsu have all the fun can they? What with Parabox coming out with a few moredownsized heads of their 1/3 (Come on Parabox! Downsize a Megu or a Laura~~~)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Indigo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi,
I don't know if you are a member of The Doll Page, but there is a girl there who has several Volks 1:6 dolls for sale. They are brand new and she is pretty fair with her prices.

http://www.thedollpage.com/ads/searchre ... ?owner=175

Have a nice day! :-)
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

*peeks over, scribbles down names/brands of more 1/6 figures to eventually hopefully add to collection*

I don't know where the original poster is, but I'm in the US. Has anyone else here in the US ordered directly from the Volks site and willing to give a hint as to what could be expected in terms of shipping and other related fees? Might be quite a while before I can snag some more Volks figs (I have one secondhand little one), but it would be nice to have a ballpark figure as to what I should save up first...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:17 am

You can order from Volks USA if they have the dolls in stock, no stock no dolls. And if they don't make them any more then they don't.

The only one I wouldn't recommend is the Medicom RAH, that is tape holding his arms on. That BBI is a pre 3.5 model and the GI Joe is a Gung Fu grip. Those are just the shorter/smaller guys, they get taller and beefier.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Linainversetsg » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:22 am

WhiteDove01s wrote:*peeks over, scribbles down names/brands of more 1/6 figures to eventually hopefully add to collection*

I don't know where the original poster is, but I'm in the US. Has anyone else here in the US ordered directly from the Volks site and willing to give a hint as to what could be expected in terms of shipping and other related fees? Might be quite a while before I can snag some more Volks figs (I have one secondhand little one), but it would be nice to have a ballpark figure as to what I should save up first...

I ordered from VolksUSA in the past and I found that the shipping price was a bit of a sticker shock (I didn't order much), but the shipping time was incredible. Everything was well packed and I got the package within two days of placing my order.
They are also really patient with questions and even made a blog entry about the question I had asked that was detailed and very helpful.
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Indigo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:57 am

Volks USA doesn't have anymore 1:6 dolls, in fact I believe that they closed their doors earlier this year.

The seller that I mentioned in my earlier post does have several Volks 1:6 dolls. I just got a Neo-Goh from her about a week ago. She is in New York and ships pretty fast.
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale